Погода: 18 °C
25.0817...19небольшая облачность, небольшие дожди
26.0815...18пасмурно, небольшие дожди
  • Here's how American movie industry tries to stop people from copying DVD movies:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/25/business/media/25STUD.html

• As Goblin write - "if more people in our country have salary less 3000 rubles. How can they buy film for 600 rubles?"

• Do U think that would make any diffs for that `merican money-lovers? That`s not THEIR problem! They make money on DVD`s. Thus they disagree with such terms as "open license", "free copying" and so on. Well, I can understand `em. but I can not agree with `em. THEY have millions, not us! And, IMHO, that DVD-copying folks do not have such money too...
    Again - here is the classical american way of thinkin` - they do not care `bout what is going outside the US.

If VEGETarians eat VEGETables, what do HUMANitarians eat?
    Is PROgress controversial to CONgress?

• Well, they are well aware that the rest of the world (countries like ours and China) do not bother to buy licensed DVDs. They are focused on the US (at least, for now), because 1) Americans have money and 2) there is a judicial system which may help them to extort the money, as demonstrated by the current example of 261 lawsuits filed against mp3 files swappers.

Personally, I prefer to copy:улыб:Last weekend alone, I burned 28 DVDs, with the final price per disk of about $3.20 (blank media + rental fee). Somehow it looks more attractive to me than buying a $15 DVD:улыб:

• BTW reserve copying is not prohibited... :ухмылка:
    And who cares `bout the PLACE of the reserve copy...

Do u remember that screaming `bout CD-R/RW on low prices?

• In all honesty, I don't think that renting a movie and copying it can be considered as 'reserve copying':улыб:

"Yes, your Honor, I have been developing reserve copies of all movies in the nearest Blockbuster in case it will be damaged by fire or other accident":улыб:

• Yep, I`m dreaming `bout time, when we will got an internet for only 50$ for 728kbits connection unlimited connection for the month. When I had to used it in Chicago, I downloaded about 30 films at least for only that price, that`s much better then buying it from the store

Самая страшная борьба во мне - это борьба моего чувства юмора с моим воспитанием.

Исправлено пользователем Supbolek (29.09.03 00:51)

• ...As Goblin write - "if more people in our country have salary less 3000 rubles. How can they buy film for 600 rubles?"...

But how they can buy DVD-player or home-cinema for such salary? :улыб:

• Do u think it is correct to peek in one`s pocket?

BTW the cheapest DVD-player can be bought, I think, for 1500-2000 rub. Credit for 6 months - and everybody is happy. Home theater system is not much more expensive.

For example I do not earn enough money to buy new DVDs every month. But I can download `em... %)

• ///Do u think it is correct to peek in one`s pocket?///

Not at all. You are mainly focused on the price of CD-s and DVD-s. That is one side.
    But... Now we have cheap licensed (BUKA) copies of different games. And still peoples buy piracy games which is a bit cheaper?

///For example I do not earn enough money to buy new DVDs every month. ///
    Credit for 6 months is enough?:улыб:

• Let`s pass software trough. We`re speakin` `bout AUDIO- and VIDEOcontent.

В ответ на: Credit for 6 months is enough?
    for each DVD? :ха-ха!:

Записей на странице:

Перейти в форум

Модератор: